March 7, 2017
Christ the King Catholic is seeking a full-time maintenance worker for our parish
and school. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in facilities and
grounds maintenance. In addition, the candidate will be comfortable working
around elementary and middle school students and adult volunteers. Candidates
need to be energetic, flexible, creative, collaborative, and well organized.
Maintain the buildings and property of the school and parish to ensure all facilities
and grounds are in working order. Work collaboratively with the principal and
business manager to ensure maintenance plans for the campus are executed. Work
with contractors to solve maintenance problems that require special skills and
expertise. Provide budget estimates for supplies, materials and equipment.
1. Maintain school and parish buildings to ensure they are safe and in good working
• Monitors mechanical systems and utilities (HVAC, hot water, plumbing,
security, alarm, fire, etc…) to ensure they are in good working order and to
determine if repair or maintenance is necessary.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment (lighting, cleaning,
maintenance, furniture, etc…) and processes purchase orders with the
approval of the principal and business manager.
• Performs maintenance as needed on building property and equipment such
as audio visual, furniture, mechanical systems, lighting, doors, windows,
plumbing, carpentry, etc…
• Complies with requirements for Bloodborne Pathogens training.
• Secures property upon completion of work.
• Sets up rooms with chairs, tables and staging for special events.
• Place and adjust exterior signs around school.
• Supervise contractors and other workers as appropriate
2. Perform skilled landscaping and manual work necessary to maintain campus
• Mow grass, shovel snow, water lawns, fertilize and trims shrubs, tends flower
beds and regularly inspects assigned work areas to insure proper standards
• Operates lawn and grounds equipment including power mowers, leaf
blowers, snow blowers, trimmers, and other power equipment.
• Repairs and maintains campus as needed, including facilities checklist.
• Plans, plants and maintains exterior and interior landscaping in accordance
with the landscaping plan.
• Removes refuse and trash from grounds, cleans gutters, walkways and
• Enforces safety regulations at the work site.
• May supervise volunteers (adults and students) during a minor portion of the
employee’s work time, may assign tasks to a helper as needed.
• Adjusts, cleans and performs minor mechanical work on grounds equipment.
• Recommends for purchase and suggests suitable locations for trees and
• Detail oriented
• Responsible and accountable
• Work well independently
• Identify and solve problems
• Maintain confidentiality
• Operate maintenance and landscaping equipment
• Positively interact with children
• Establish and maintain work priorities
• Maintain positive working relationships with colleagues
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills
• Utilize technology to communicate and maintain work schedule
Education and/or Experience:
• Experience in building/property management and grounds maintenance is
preferred. Possess knowledge of mechanical, heating, electrical, plumbing
systems and OSHA safety requirements.
Physical Demands & Working Environment
• Work will require the employee to stand, sit, walk, crawl, climb, bend at the
knees and waist, and complete various types of repetitive motions involving
their hands, arms, knees and feet. Lifting and moving items up to 50 pounds
• Work will be performed both inside and outside during all seasons and types
of weather. Must be able to work a flexible schedule if necessary.
This is a full-time benefitted position. Qualified applicants interested in the position
send a resume and references to:
Mary Ann Holliman, Business Manager
Christ the King Parish
7414 SE Michael Drive
Milwaukie, OR 97222