The Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon is seeking applicants for the position of Associate Superintendent of Catholic Schools starting July 1, 2017.
Information and application materials can be found below or by calling 503-233-8348. Closing date is April 26, 2017
ASSOCIATE SUPERINTENDENT QUALIFICATIONS
- A practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- A commitment to the development of a Christian spirit and a Catholic community of faith within the Catholic schools of the Archdiocese.
- A master’s degree, preferably in educational administration. Doctorate preferred.
- A minimum of five years of teaching experience in Catholic schools and five years of administrative service as a principal in Catholic schools preferred.
- Hold an Oregon Administrator License or its equivalent from another state.
- Have leadership ability as evidenced by performance in educational assignments, i.e., have the background, capacity, enthusiasm, intelligence, and patience to work with principals, teachers, clergy, and members of local school governance bodies.
- Have completed the Archdiocesan application process.
APPLICATION PACKET (fillable PDF)
To apply, complete and submit the following:
- Archdiocesan Application form
- Current resume
- Copy of Oregon or out-of-state teacher/administrator license(s)
- Transcripts showing Master’s degree and administrative license program - unofficial copies are acceptable; upon hire, official transcripts are required
- A paragraph on each of the following:
- Philosophy of Education
- Reasons for interest in the Associate Superintendent position in the Archdiocese of Portland
- Letters of recommendation: from each of the four references listed on the application. Each letter must be accompanied by a completed applicant waiver form . Letters are required from:
- Pastor or Religious Superior [verification of status as a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church];
- Immediate past employer;
- Two other professional references.
Please submit supporting documents as PDF files, if possible.
Email to Dina Boyle (email@example.com)
Department of Catholic Schools
2838 E. Burnside St.
Portland, OR 97214